This recipe comes from the people at Terra Firma Farms – I changed it up a bit by adding spinach and arugula for a nice twist. You can omit the anchovies to make it vegetarian.
1 pound ripe tomatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces
sea salt and pepper to taste
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound potatoes
1/2 pound green beans, trimmed
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 anchovy filets, mashed
6-8 nicoise or other good olives, pitted and chopped
red wine vinegar to taste
4 hard boiled eggs, peeled and quartered
1/2 bunch spinach, washed and dried
1/2 bunch arugula, washed and dried
1. Place tomatoes in a bowl and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. When tomatoes have released their juices, after about 10 minutes, drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil; cook the potatoes until just tender enough to stick a sharp knife into them easily, about 10 minutes.
3. Transfer the potatoes to a large bowl of cold water, reserving the cooking liquid. When the potatoes are cool, cut the into half-rounds.
4. Refill the bowl with ice water. Place the green beans in the reserved cooking liquid from the potatoes and cook until they turn bright green, 3-4 minutes. Transfer beans to the cold water bath. When cool, drain and pat dry and cut into 2-3 pieces.
5. Pour the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil into skillet. Add the garlic and anchovies, and cook until the garlic is soft, but not brown, about 1 minute.
6. Place the potatoes and green beans in a large bowl; add the garlic-anchovy mixture, and toss to coat. Add the tomatoes with their juices and olives. Add salt and red wine vinegar to taste.
7. Just before serving, mix the arugula and spinach in a large bowl. Drizzle with a little olive oil and red wine vinegar – just enough to lightly coat. Place the greens on a platter and top with the the salad mixture. Garnish with the eggs.