1 1/2 cloves garlic
1 lemon juiced
1/2 cup tahini
sea salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup leftover blanching liquid water from kale and green onions (you may need more if the sauce is too thick)
2 bunches kale
1 bunch green onion, sliced
1. Blend tahini sauce ingredients in a blender until smooth and creamy. Add salt to taste and more lemon if needed. You may need to add a little more blanching liquid if sauce is too thick.
2. Chop kale into 1 inch-pieces. Add to a medium-sized sauce pan with 1 inch rapidly boiling water. Simmer kale for 6-10 minutes until the stems are tender and the color is bright green. [I rarely do my kale for more than 2 minutes… it depends on how soft you want it to get. 10 minutes would be pretty soft! But then I also strip the leaves off the stems; Rebecca is including the stems, so that’s probably why the additional cooking time. – Debbie]
3. While kale is cooking, peel and cut avocado into chunks.
4. When kale is done, remove from pan, reserving the blanching liquid. Drain well.
5. Place kale in a large bowl and toss with the lemon-tahini dressing while the kale is still warm. Gently mix in the cut-up avocado. Garnish with the sliced green onions.