3 tablespoons olive oil
3-4 cloves garlic
4 teaspoons tamari
8 large leaves romaine lettuce
½ cup sliced crimini mushrooms (optional)
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2. Meanwhile, place the oil in a small skillet over low heat. Add the garlic and stir until slightly tender, but not browned.
3. Stir in the mushrooms, if using, and continue to cook, stirring frequently, until the mushrooms have released their liquid and it has nearly evaporated.
4. Stir in the tamari and remove from heat. Keep warm.
5. Quickly dip the lettuce leaves in the boiling water and remove them as soon as they are wilted, about 3-5 seconds.
6. Arrange the lettuce on a serving plate. Drizzle the sauce (and mushrooms) over the leaves and serve.
Makes 4 servings