For the salad:
½ cup roasted pumpkin seeds
1 teaspoon Bragg’s amino acids (or tamari soy sauce)
1 large red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and cut into ½-0inch slices
1 large leek, cut into 1-inch pieces
3 tablespoons ghee or unsalted butter
1 bunch lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
1 cup julienned radishes
1 cup grated carrots
1 cup shredded cabbage
For the dressing:
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried basil
½ teaspoon ground turmeric
¼ teaspoon paprika
freshly ground black pepper
seedless raisins for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spread pumpkin seeds in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, about 7 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the Bragg’s or soy sauce, and stir well.
3. Raise the oven temperature to 400 degrees. Spread bell pepper and leek on a baking sheet, drizzle with ghee or butter, and bake until soft, about 30 minutes.
4. In a large salad bowl, toss together the pumpkin seeds, bell pepper, leek, lettuce, radishes, cabbage and carrots.
5. In a mixing bowl, whisk together all the dressing ingredients until emulsified. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with raisins, and serve.