I found this recipe in an old cookbook entitled Menus A Trois, 1987, so I thought I would share another strawberry soup recipe.
1 1/2 cups water
1/3 cup Bordeaux
1/2 cup sugar
1/8 cup lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1 quart strawberries, hulled, washed, and pureed (save 2 whole berries)
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
3 tablespoons sour cream
1. Combine the first 5 ingredients in a saucepan, and boil them uncovered over medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add strawberry puree, and boil for ann additional 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Skim off any foam.
3. Cool and chill soup in refrigerator for 2-3 hours or until it is completely chilled.
4. Prior to serving, whip the cream, and combine it with the sour cream.
5. Fold the cream mixture into the chilled strawberry soup.
6. Garnish each serving with half a strawberry.