4 celery stalks (or more)
24 green onions
1-2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon celery seeds
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 cup vegetable stock
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon arrowroot or non-GMO cornstarch
1 teaspoon water
1. Cut celery into 4-inch lengths, then into strips the same thickness as the green onions. Cut the root from the onions. Cut the onions into 4-inch lengths. Reserve spring onion tops for ties.
2. Plunge onion tops into boiling water for 30 seconds or until they are bright green, then plunge immediately into ice water. Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
3. Combine spring onions and celery sticks. Divide into 7 bundles. Tie each bundle firmly with a spring onion top.
4. Heat butter in a frying pan. Fry bundles quickly over medium-high heat for 1 minute on each side. Remove from pan. Add celery seeds and cook 30 seconds. Add honey, stock, soy sauce, and blended arrowroot with water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, stirring constantly. Add the spring onion and celery bundles. Simmer gently for 7 minutes, or until bundles are just tender. Serve immediately with cooking liquid.
5. You can add strips of butternut squash that are the same size to the bundle for a little twist, or zucchini, or parsnip, or carrot, or asparagus…