2 tablespoons peanut oil
3 cups shitake mushrooms, sliced
2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1/8 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
dash of Tabasco sauce
2 teaspoons olive oil
½ cup red onion, diced
6 cups fresh spinach, trimmed and washed, and torn
2 cups arugula
¼ cup Balsamic Vinaigrette (recipe below)
1. Heat peanut oil in a sauté pan.
2. Add the mushrooms and sauté for 2 minutes. Add the soy sauce and cook until dry. Remove from the hat and add the vinegar, salt, pepper, and Tabasco. Cool completely.
3. In a small skillet, sweat the onions in the olive oil over medium- heat, until translucent, about 5-7 minutes. Allow to cool.
4. Toss the mushrooms, onions, spinach, and arugula together with the vinaigrette. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
¼ cup red wine vinegar
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1½ cups olive oil
1. Whisk together the red wine and balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Gradually whisk in the olive oil. Adjust the seasoning as desired. Refrigerate until needed. Whisk to recombine before using.