Servings: 24 pieces
2 pounds fresh spinach
1 bunch curly endive, dandelion greens, or green of your choice
1 bunch parsley
1 bunch green onions
6 mint leaves
1 tablespoon sea salt
freshly ground pepper
1/4 cup olive oil
6 eggs, slightly beaten
1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
3/4 pound feta, crumbled
1/2 pound ricotta
dash of freshly grated nutmeg
12 sheets filo dough
6 tablespoons butter, melted
1. Wash greens and pat dry thoroughly. Finely chop the spinach, chicory, parsley, onions, and mint, and pat dry again.
2. Place in a large bowl and mix in salt, pepper, olive oil, eggs, feta, ricotta, and nutmeg.
3. Lay out filo and cover with a slightly dampened floursack cloth to keep from drying out. Line a buttered 9-by-13 baking pan with one sheet filo dough, brush with melted butter and letting filo overlap sides of pan. Cover with 5 more sheets of filo, brushing each with melted butter, and letting filo overlap sides of pan.
4. Place greens mixture in filo-lined pan and smooth top. Fold any overhanging filo back over the greens.
5. Arrange 6 more buttered sheets of filo back over the greens. Cut or fold in to fit top of the pan, one at a time.
6. Using a razor or sharp knife, cut squares through the top layers of filo only, making 3 lengthwise and 5 crosswise cuts.
7. Bake at 375° F for 30-40, or until greens are tender. It will get brown and a bit bubbly. Remove to rack and let rest a few minutes then finish cutting into squares. Serve warm or at room temperature.