2 fennel bulbs, trimmed tops and bottoms, reserve some of the fennel fronds
5 thinly sliced radishes
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Grated zest of ¼ lemon
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
Freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoons olive oil
1. Thinly slice the fennel crosswise. Thinly slice the radishes in rounds.
2. To make the dressing: Stir together the zest and juice of the lemon, white wine vinegar, salt, and pepper. Whisk in the olive oil.
3. Toss the fennel and radishes with the dressing.
4. Sprinkle with the chopped fennel fronds for garnish.
5. For variation – you can add 2 tablespoons chopped parsley to the fennel and/or 1½ tablespoons chopped green olives to the dressing.