This is a Moroccan dish that Karen and I used in a class we taught last week. Thank you, Karen, for such an amazing dish! If you don’t have preserved lemon, just add a little lemon juice, about 1 tablespoon.
large bunch of flat leaf parsley
large bunch of fresh mint
large bunch of arugula
large bunch of spinach
3-4 tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves (divided)
1 red chili
1/2 preserved lemon
sea salt and pepper to taste
2-4 tablespoons Greek yogurt
1. Roughly chop herbs, arugula, and spinach.
2. Seed and finely chop chili.
3. Peel and mince one clove of garlic.
4. Crush the other clove of garlic into yogurt and stir. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
5. Heat oil in a wide, heavy pan. Stir in minced garlic and chili and cook until they begin to color.
6. Toss in herbs and greens and saute gently, until they begin to soften and wilt.
7. Add the preserved lemon and season to taste.
8. Serve the salad warm with a dollop of garlic-flavored yogurt on top.