1 bunch cilantro, chopped
3 medium beet, peeled
2 inch ginger root
2 -3 Japanese turnips
2 large carrots
Directions: *The dressing (below) makes enough to use for the slaw and more – so use carefully when dressing the Ruby Slaw and save the rest.
1. In a food processor or hand grater, stating with the apples, grate the ingredients listed. After grating, place in a bowl.
2. With your hands mix the ingredients to blend well.
3. Toss with the dressing and gently fold. The salad will taste best vibrantly fresh, yet it will last in the refrigerator for at least 3 days.
1 cup water
1/3 cup ginger root, peeled and chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1/8 cup red onion, diced
¼ cup red miso
¼ cup maple syrup
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
1 cup rice vinegar
1 tablespoon tamari soy sauce (or more to taste)
1 cup olive oil
1. In a blender, add the water, chopped ginger, garlic and red onion. Cover with the lid and blend until well infused. Add the miso and sweetener. Blend again for 10 seconds.
2. Add the toasted sesame oil, the rice vinegar, and tamari. Blend to the count of 5.
3. Add the olive oil and blend for 10 seconds only. Let the dressing set for a few minutes.
4. Taste and adjust the flavor to your desire. Add more water to thin it out to a lighter consistency. Bottle in glass and store in the refrigerator. This dressing will last for 3 weeks in the frig.