2 large cooked beets
½ cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
1 cup sweetener of choice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
½ cup flour of choice
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon espresso powder
½ cup mini chocolate chips or ¼ cup cocoa nibs
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a square 9-inch baking dish with oil.
2. Puree the beets in a food processor or blender until smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary. You should have 1 cup. Set aside.
3. Whisk together the butter and sweetener in a bowl until smooth. Add the vanilla, then whisk in the eggs, one at a time. Stir in beets.
4. Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, and espresso powder in a separate bowl. Fold flour mixture into beet mixture until just combined. Stir in chips. Pour into the prepared pan.
5. Bake 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool, then cut into 16 squares.
Makes 16 brownies