This dish is spicy and hot, and makes a wonderful side dish.
1/2 c. chopped radishes
a few radish leaves, cut into thin shreds
1 onion, fine diced
2-3 chilies of choice, seeded, and finely chopped (you can leave the seeds in if you want fiery hot!)
1/2 tsp. fresh chopped ginger
1 Tbs. finely chopped cilantro (I used the basil)
1 1/2 tsp. oil
1/2 tsp. mustard seeds
3/4 tsp. sea salt
1/2 c. plain yogurt or more
1. Heat a small pan on medium heat. Add the oil and crack mustard seeds in the pan.
2. Add the onions, ginger, and chiles. Stir until soft and it turns slightly brown, about 4 minutes.
3. Add the radishes and leaves and cook for another 2 minutes, then remove from the stove. The radish will be just cooked and still have a bite to it.
4. Sprinkle with basil or cilantro just before you remove it from the stove. You can let it cool or store it in the refrigerator if not using immediately.
5. When ready to serve, take the sauteed ingredients and mix with yogurt. Adjust the salt, depending on the sourness of the yogurt. Serve immediately. If you let it sit foe a while, the yogurt gets a purple hue from the radishes. It is beautiful!