1/3 cup orange juice
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon honey
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
½ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup shredded carrots
1 bunch kale, de-stemmed, and chopped into bite-sized pieces
1/3 cup chopped cilantro
2 tablespoons currants
- In a small bowl, whisk together the orange juice, lemon juice, honey, oil, cumin, coriander, salt, and cinnamon.
- In another large bowl, gently massage the kale with your hands, sprinkling with a little salt and a drizzle of olive oil to help tenderize; massaging about 3 minutes. It is important to not over massage because the kale will start to bleed and become limp.
- Stir in the carrots, cilantro, and currants and toss to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the kale and carrots and mix well to coat.
- You can serve this at room temperature or chilled.
Makes 4 servings