1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch cubes
¼ cup olive oil
Scant cup white miso
Scant 1 tablespoon red curry paste
8 ounces extra-firm tofu, cut into small cubes
4 medium potatoes, cut into chunks
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1½ cups chopped kale, tough stems removed
1/3 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds), toasted
2/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. with a rack in the middle of the oven.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, miso, and curry paste.
3. Combine the tofu, potatoes, and squash in a large bowl with ½ cup of miso-curry paste. Use your hands to toss well then turn the vegetables onto a rimmed baking sheet and arrange in a single layer.
4. Roast for 25-30 minutes, until everything is tender and browned. Toss once or twice along the way, after things start to brown a bit. Keep a close watch though; the vegetables can quickly go from browned to burned.
5. In the meantime, whisk the lemon juice into the rest of the remaining miso-curry paste, then stir in the kale until coated.
6. Toss the roasted vegetables gently with the kale, pepitas, and cilantro. Serve family style in a large bowl or platter.