1 large clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 cup olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 bunch thinly sliced scallions, including tops
1/2 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
1/2-3/4 cup pitted and quartered Greek olives, to taste
1/2 pound feta cheese, crumbled
2 large cucumbers, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
1-2 sweet peppers, seeded and cut into 1/2 -inch dice
4 large or 8 small tomatoes, seeded, cut into 1/2-inch dice and well drained
chopped fresh basil
1. Prepare dressing by combining its ingredients and set aside.
2. Combine seasonings in a small bowl.
3. In a deep, large glass serving bowl, alternate a layer of chopped raw vegetables with the seasoning mixture, beginning with the cucumbers, then peppers, and finally tomatoes, so each vegetable has a layer of seasoning mixture between the next vegetable.
4. Whisk the dressing and pour it evenly over the salad.
5. Garnish with chopped basil and refrigerate salad for at least 1/2 hour to let the flavors blend.
You can prepare this salad up to 8 hours before serving.