1 celeriac (celery root)
3 tablespoons olive oil
¾ teaspoon sea salt, divided
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 love garlic
4 teaspoons sherry vinegar or your choice
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
8 cups arugula, stems trimmed
3 cups mizuna
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Cut one end off the celery root to create a flat surface to keep it steady. Cut off the skin with your knife, following the contour of the root. Make sure all fibrous skin has been removed. Cut into ½-inch cubes and toss in a large bowl with 1 tablespoon oil, ¼ teaspoon sea salt and pepper until well coated. Spread out on a baking sheet (reserve the bowl). Roast the celeriac, stirring once or twice, until lightly browned and soft, about 15-20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, chop and mash the garlic with the remaining ½ teaspoon salt on a cutting board until a paste forms. Scrape the garlic paste into the large bowl and whisk in the remaining 2 tablespoons oil, vinegar, and mustard.
4. Add the celery root to the dressing and toss to coat; let cool in the dressing.
5. Add the arugula, mizuna and cranberries to the celery root and season to taste with more pepper; lightly toss to coat.