1 bag of broccoli florets
3 tablespoons peanut oil
6 green onions, sliced on the diagonal
3-5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon minced and peeled ginger
1 pound tofu
dash of cayenne
2-3 tablespoons tamari
3 cups hot cooked brown rice (optional)
1. Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat until it is hot, but not smoking. Stir in the broccoli and stir constantly, until broccoli is crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. You may need to add a drop or two of water while you are stir-frying to prevent sticking.
2. Add the green onions, garlic, and ginger; stir a minute or so until the onions begin to soften.
3. Add the tofu, cayenne, and tamari. Stir then cover the pan so the vegetables and tofu can steam.
4. Remove from the heat when the vegetables are just crisp-tender, about 3- 5 minutes.
5. Serve at once over hot brown rice.
Makes 4 servings