¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes
½ cup boiling water
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 cloves garlic, peeled
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 bunch broccoli, stems peeled and thinly sliced, tops cut into small florets
1/3 cup raisins
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
½ teaspoon sea salt
1. In a small heatproof bowl, combine the sundried tomatoes and boiling water. Let stand until the tomatoes are softened, 15-20 minutes. Drain and reserve the soaking liquid; coarsely chop the tomatoes.
2. In a large skillet, heat the oil and cook the garlic until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove the garlic, and when cool enough to handle, mince.
3. Add the onion to the skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until the onion is soft, about 7 minutes.
4. Add the sundried tomatoes, broccoli, raisins, red pepper flakes, and salt to the pan and cook, stirring frequently, until the broccoli states to soften, about 5 minutes.
5. Add the reserved soaking liquid and the minced garlic, cover and cook until the broccoli is tender, about 6-7 minutes.
Makes 4 servings