1½ pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed
1 tablespoon pine nuts (you can use walnuts or any other nut of your choice)
1 tablespoon butter
¼ cup chopped shallots
2 tablespoons dried currants
1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
¼ teaspoon each sea salt and pepper
½ cup chicken or vegetable stock
1. Separate sprouts into leaves, leaving just the center intact.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the nuts and cook 2 minutes or until toasted, stirring constantly. Coarsely chop the nuts.
3. Melt butter in a pan over medium-high heat. Add the shallots, sauté 1 minute or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Stir in Brussels sprout leaves and centers, currants, thyme leaves, salt and pepper; toss to combine.
4. Add broth. Cover, reduce heat, and cook 7 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high. Uncover and cook 4 minutes or until liquid evaporates and sprout centers are tender, stirring frequently.
5. Remove from heat; sprinkle with nuts and serve.